Live is fast, fluid, and flexible software for music creation and performance. It comes with effects, instruments, sounds and all kinds of creative features—everything you need to make any kind of music. Create in a traditional linear arrangement, or improvise without the constraints of a timeline in Live’s Session View. Move freely between musical elements and play with ideas, without stopping the music and without breaking your flow.
- Comping: Live organizes multiple passes of an audio or MIDI performance into individual takes. Combine the best of many takes or find creative new combinations.
- Linked-track editing: Link two or more audio or MIDI tracks to edit or comp their content simultaneously.
- MPE compatibility: Add bends, slides, and pressure for each individual note in a chord. Add subtle expression variations, morph between chords, and create evolving sonic textures.
- Expression View: Add and edit pitch, timbre, and pressure variations of individual notes directly in a new tab in the Clip Detail View.
- MPE-capable native devices: Wavetable, Sampler, and Arpeggiator now support MPE. Use Push’s pad pressure to control parameters per note.
- Hybrid Reverb: Combines convolution and algorithmic reverbs, making it possible to create any space, from accurate real-life environments to those that defy physical reality.
- Spectral Resonator: Breaks the spectrum of an incoming audio signal into partials, then stretches, shifts, and blurs the result by a frequency or a note in subtle or radical ways. Play it like an instrument with MIDI.
- Spectral Time: Transforms sound into partials and feeds them into a frequency-based delay, resulting in metallic echoes, frequency-shifted, and reverb-like effects. The Freeze function captures and holds audio.
- Inspired by Nature: Six playful instruments and effects that use natural and physical processes as their inspiration. Created in collaboration with Dillon Bastan.